PM Narendra Modi will launch the Pradhan Mantri Aatmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana in Varanasi today. He will also visit Siddharthnagar as scheduled to inaugurate the 9 medical colleges in the state.
It will be his second visit in a week to Uttar Pradesh.
After the inauguration of the medical colleges, he will head to Varanasi to launch the new scheme. This new scheme is aimed to strengthen health infrastructure in rural and urban areas.
PM Modi will inaugurate several other projects worth Rs. 5.2 crores, know more about it here.
Medical professionals from the block, sub-district and district hospitals, and the Government Medical College of Varanasi will be a part of the launch of the scheme virtually.
The 9 medical colleges to be inaugurated is located in:
- In addition to developing the health infrastructure of the country, it will work under the National Health Mission.
- It will assist 17,788 rural hospitals and health care centres in 10 high focus states.
- People will have access to a wide range of diagnostic services in the government health care system through a network of laboratories across the country.
- Under this scheme, a national institution for One Health, and 4 national-level institutes for Virology will be launched. It will be a regional research platform for the WHO South-East Asia region. 5 new regional National CDC (Centre for Disease Control) and 9 biosafety level III labs will be set up.
- All the labs will be IT-enabled developing surveillance at block, city, district and national levels in metropolitan areas.
- The scheme also focuses on establishing 17 new public health care centres and improving 33 existing centres for detecting, investigating, diagnosing and finding solutions to public health emergencies and disease outbursts.
For more breaking news, click here.