In the coming weeks, all public and private sector banks will be closed for 5 out of 7 days.
With the festive season approaching, there is a list of holidays that you must keep in mind if you are planning to visit the bank.
For November, the bank will be closed for 17 days because of Diwali and other festival celebrations.
Bank holidays are declared as per the holiday list released by the Reserve Bank of India. However, not to worry, not all banks across the nation will be closed for 17 days as some of them are state holidays.
It is a relief that the state holidays don’t clash with each other.
To get to know about your state bank holidays, you may visit your nearest bank branch.
The RBI said that banks in India will get a holiday for these 3 brackets:
- Negotiable Instruments Act
- Real-Time Gross Settlement
- Banks’ Closing of Accounts
On these 3 categories, all types of banks will be closed across the country. It includes government banks, private banks, cooperative banks, foreign banks and regional banks.
Here is a list of holidays for the upcoming week:
- November 1: Kannada Rajyotsava (Bangalore), Kut (Imphal)
- November 3: Naraka Chaturdashi (Bangalore)
- November 4: Deepawali Amavasya and Laxmi Pujan (All States)
- November 5: Diwali (Bali Pratipada), Govardhan Pooja, Vikram Samvant New Year (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kanpur, Dehradun, Belapur, Mumbai, Jaipur, Gangtok, Lucknow, and Nagpur)
- November 6: Bhai Dhuj, Laxmi Puja, Diwali, Chitragupt Jayanti, Ningol Chakkouba – Imphal, Gangtok, Shimla, Kanpur, Lucknow
- November 7: Sunday
So if you have some pending work in the bank, make sure to keep this list in mind to avoid any hassle.
For more breaking news, click here.