Aadhaar Card has become the most essential card that is admissible about anywhere in India now. Many times you may need to forward your Aadhaar card through WhatsApp or other messenger apps, so you must have a softcopy of it.
The UIDAI, which is also known as the Unique Identification Authority of India is working on new techniques to make the user experience smooth and easy. Recently the UIDAI has launched a feature where you can download your Aadhaar card on your phone anytime, anywhere.
All you have to do is keep your 12 digit Aadhaar number saved in your phone. You can then download the Aadhaar card from the website anytime. Let’s take a look at how to download a secure copy of your Aadhar card
- Visit the website: uidai.gov.in (official website of UIDAI).
- Click on the option ‘Download e-copy of your Aadhaar’.
- Click on ‘Aadhaar Number’ and enter the 12 digits unique ID in it. If you wish to download a masked Aadhaar, then you can select the other option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the ‘send OTP’ option; you will get an OTP on your registered Aadhaar linked number.
- After entering the OTP of your Aadhaar, click on submit.
- You can then download the Aadhaar card in PDF after the authentication is over.
- The PDF will be password locked; you can open it by entering the first 4 digits of your DOB to open it.
A lot of times we keep a photo of our Aadhaar card in our mobiles but it is not password protected and can be used for fraud. Hence, if you avail your Aadhaar card through this method then you can ensure that your Aadhaar is secure. You can also download a masked Aadhaar card where the first 8 digits will be hidden.
UIDAI is coming up with new techniques to make Aadhaar cards accessible to more people digitally. It is taking small steps to digitalize India under the Centre’s Digital India project. Keeping the Aadhaar card in handy will be a benefit for many who don’t have a habit to carry their wallets everywhere.
For more breaking news, click here.