For quite a while I have been seeing this poster everywhere, ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ and now under this same initiative, the Central government is planning a new event to boost startup culture in India. They are planning an innovation week in January 2022 hosted by the DPIIT (Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade. This week will also mark the 6th anniversary of the ‘Startup India’ initiative launch.
This huge event will be graced by key central ministries, states, startups and other stakeholders as mentioned by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry press release. The Ministry mentioned that the main goal of this ‘Innovation Week’ is to bring up the country’s key startups, entrepreneurs, policymakers, investors and other national/international stakeholders for a specially curated event on innovation and entrepreneurship. This event will be a holistic platform to exchange knowledge on best startup practices and build strong startup ecosystems.
- This initiative aims to aspire the youth to step into the world of startup culture and entrepreneurship and learn how to develop a startup from scratch.
- This week will help the budding entrepreneurs access the market for opportunities and get the capital investment for their startup.
- It will also showcase high-quality, high-tech and frugal innovations from India.
- The event will also highlight the best practices about the depths of entrepreneurship and innovation in India.
- Corporates will be invited to set innovation labs at the exhibition area. It is planned to have working models of a few technologies displayed for the people to see how things work.
- Various sessions are planned for people in fields of virtual reality, 3D printing, drones, AI, AR etc.
- It will also feature a dedicated exhibition area for select startups.
- Just like Shark Tank, there will be pitching sessions in this event where startup owners can present their idea to key investors and corporates for funding.
As a part of the innovation week, various sessions are planned to get international engagement and market access to globalize the startup landscapes. Along with this, workshops with leaders in investment and business will have discussions about their global journeys, key learnings and insights about the global market.
For more breaking news, click here.