People using WhatsApp Pay here is some good news for you! All WhatsApp users can now use the payments option to use the instant messaging app to check out account balance and send money.
For people who are not familiar with the whole mobile banking process, you can opt WhatsApp to do the work for you. Once you link your WhatsApp with your bank account, you will be able to check your account balance without downloading your bank’s mobile app. WhatsApp now supports UPI payments. UPI was developed by the NPCI (Nationwide Payments Corporation of India), this system supports India’s major banks.
Let’s take a look at how it is done. To check your account balance, do the following:
From settings option
- Open WhatsApp and tap on more (Android) and settings (iPhone)
- Tap on payments
- Click on your bank account under Payment methods
- View your account balance by clicking on ‘View account balance’.
- Enter your UPI PIN and check your balance.
- Click on your preferred payment option, click on ‘View account balance’
- Click on the bank account whose account balance you want to check in case of multiple bank accounts.
- Enter your UPI pin
Before you proceed to link your bank account with your WhatsApp payments, make sure to keep these things in mind.
- If you can’t find the bank in the list, WhatsApp payments don’t support it.
- To use WhatsApp payments, you have to use the latest version of it.
WhatsApp payments were recently launched this year that allows you to send money to your contacts just like other phone payments app like Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm etc.
For more breaking news, click here.