Want To Take Covid-19 Precautionary Dose? Know All About Appointment Schedule, Eligibility, Registration
The precautionary doses will be administered to the eligible population from January 10 and the registration has begun today. The Centre clarified before that the 3rd dose will be the same as what has been given before. This decision by the Centre for administering the 3rd dose came after the immense rise in COVID 19 cases mainly because of the new Omicron variant.
Addressing a press conference on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, Dr VK Paul (Member of NITI Aayog) said that the precautionary dose will be given to the healthcare and frontline workers and senior citizens above the age of 60 years with comorbidities. He further added that if someone has received Covaxin before, then they will receive the 3rd dose of Covaxin only.
The citizens eligible for this dose don’t need to register on the CoWIN platform again and can simply walk into a vaccination centre to get the dose.
Important points about the precautionary dose:
- Those who have taken both COVID 19 vaccine jabs can make the appointment on CoWIN or walk in to any COVID 19 vaccination centre to get the 3rd
- The vaccination drive starts on January 10
- You can book your slots from today
How to register for a precautionary dose?
- All senior citizens aged 60 years or above with comorbidities are eligible to get this dose.
- The eligibility will be based on the date of administration of 2nd dose as recorded in the CoWIN system.
- They will verify with the Aadhaar card or government ID.
- If the dose is due, the CoWIN system will send an SMS to such recipients to remind them to take it.
The Health Ministry also stated that the administration of the 3rd dose will be given if they have completed their two doses in 9 months or 39 weeks gap. Meanwhile, the country vaccination drive completed over 150 crore doses on Friday.
For more breaking news, click here.