Criminal defamation suit filed by local BJP leader Mohit Bharatiya against Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik was heard by a court on Wednesday, and Nawab was granted bail by the court
According to the allegation, the NCP leader attempted to link Mr. Bharatiya to the NCB’s narcotic seizure on a cruise ship off the coast of Mumbai last year.
Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik in December 2021, was summoned by the Mazgaon metropolitan magistrate requesting that he appear before it.
Mr. Malik stayed in court on Wednesday, and the magistrate granted him bail with a guarantee of Rs 15,000 as a result.
The court said in its judgment said that the accused, i.e., Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik, is instructed not to engage in similar sort of acts alleged by the complainant against the complainant in the future, or the bail bond which is provided as of now would be revoked immediately.
It was also announced that a hearing on the complaint would be conducted on the 29th of January.
According to Mr. Bharatiya’s complaint, Mr. Malik exploited his position to insult the BJP leader and his family by making extremely speculative and spiteful allegations without presenting any proof.
According to the current allegation, Mr. Malik slandered Mr. Bharatiya and his brother-in-law Rishab Sachdev during news conferences about the Narcotics Control Bureau’s purported narcotics bust on a cruise ship, during which Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan and others were arrested.
Mr. Bharatiya has launched his second defamation case against the minister.
Mr. Bharatiya had served Mr. Malik with two legal notices in October of last year, requesting that he quit making statements before proceeding to court.