IMPORTANT NEWS: CBDT Issues Rs 1.54 Lakh Crore Refunds To Taxpayers | Here’s How to Check I-T Refund Status Online
In a recent notification, the Income Tax Department on Thursday said they have issued refunds of over Rs 1.54 lakh crore to over 1.59 crore taxpayers so far this fiscal year. Notably, the IT refund includes 1.20 crore refunds of Assessment Year 2021-22, amounting to Rs 23,406.28 crore.
CBDT issues refunds of over Rs. 1,54,302 crore to more than 1.59 crore taxpayers from 1st Apr,2021 to 10th January,2022. Income tax refunds of Rs. 53,689 crore have been issued in 1,56,57,444cases &corporate tax refunds of Rs. 1,00,612 crore have been issued in 2,21,976cases(1/2)Advertisement
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) January 13, 2022
This refund includes personal IT refunds of Rs 53,689 crore to over 1.56 crore entities and corporate tax refunds of over Rs 1 lakh crore to more than 2.21 lakh businesses. This fiscal year, more than 58.9 million IT returns were filed on the new tax filing portal of the IT Department as of 31st December 2021, the IT Department said.
The IT Department also added that they attended over 16,850 taxpayer calls and 1,467 chats for a smooth customer experience.
How to track the status of income tax refund
The taxpayers can check the income tax refund in two ways:
The new income tax portal or
The NSDL website
How to check I-T refund status on the new income tax portal
- Visit www.incometax.gov.in and log in to your account by entering PAN as user ID, and your password.
- After you are logged in, click on the ‘e-file’ option.
- Under the ‘e-file’ option, select ‘Income tax returns’ and then select ‘View Filed returns’.
- Check the latest ITR filed.
- For FY 2020-21, the latest ITR filed (if you have already filed it) will be for AY 2021-22. Select the ‘View Details’ option.
- Once selected, you will see the status of the ITR filed. It will also show you the date of issue of tax refund, the amount refunded and the date of clearance for any refund due for this AY.
How to check I-T refund status on the TIN NSDL website:
- Visit: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html
- Enter your PAN details
- Select the relevant assessment year for which you want to check the refund status. For FY 2020-21, the assessment year will be 2021-22.
- Enter the captcha code and click on submit. Depending on the status of your refund, you will see an update of the same.
For more breaking news, click here.