Survey results suggest, majority of Maharashtrian parents unwilling to send kids to school from Monday
Approximately 62% of Maharashtra’s polled parents are hesitant to take their children to school on January 24, despite the state government’s decision to allow schools to reopen on Monday. The results were based on a poll done by the online community platform LocalCircle in the state’s tier-I, tier-II/III, and tier-IV cities, which got 4,976 replies.
According to the poll, 67 per cent of respondents were men, with the remaining 33 per cent being women.
Immediately following the commencement of the Omicron-led third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Maharashtra government announced the closure of all institutions and colleges in the state until February 15 in order to restrict the virus’s spread.
Immediately following the commencement of the Omicron-led third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, on January 8, the Maharashtra government announced the closure of all institutions and colleges in the state until February 15 in order to restrict the virus’s spread.
However, on January 20, the state education minister said that, contrary to an earlier decision, schools in the state for grades 1-12 would resume on January 24.
While the BMC has permitted schools to reopen in Mumbai, the Maharashtra government has given local authorities the authority to decide whether or not to reopen schools after reviewing the COVID-19 situation in their individual localities.
Students will not, however, be forced to attend offline lessons when schools reopen. In cities such as Pune and Aurangabad, it has been agreed to keep schools closed while courses are held online.
Since the beginning of the epidemic, LocalCircles has been closely following parents’ desire to send their children to in-person lessons at school on a national and state level.