January Month is going to come to an end very soon and February is just around the corners. If you have scheduled bank tasks for February then you must check the list of holidays before you go to the bank.
Today we will list the major bank holidays in February that can vary from one state to other. According to the RBI (Reserve Bank of India), banks will be closed for a total of 12 days next month. To check the state holidays, make sure to check the Bank Holiday list.
Full List of Holidays:
- February 2: Sonam Lochhar (banks closed in Gangtok)
- February 5: Saraswati Puja/Shri Panchami/Basant Panchami (banks closed in Agartala, Bhubaneshwar, Kolkata)
- February 15: Mohammad Hazrat Ali Birthday/Louis-Nagai-Nee (banks closed in Imphal, Kanpur, Lucknow)
- February 16: Guru Ravidas Jayanti (Chandigarh bank holiday)
- February 18: Doljatra (banks closed in Kolkata)
- February 19: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti (banks closed in Belapur, Mumbai, Nagpur)
Weekend Holiday List:
- 6 February: Sunday
- 12 February: 2nd Saturday of the month
- 13 February: Sunday
- 20 February: Sunday
- 26 February: 4th Saturday of the month
- February 27: Sunday
With less number of days and fewer festivals, Banks are open most of the days in the upcoming month. You can plan your bank chores any day you want and get the work done smoothly. Many private banks are sometimes open in the above mentioned holidays as well, so make sure to contact your bank in such cases.
For more breaking news, click here.