Nowadays, PAN Card, is one of the most important documents not just for financial purposes but can be also used as ID proof in some places. PAN Card comes in form of a plastic card similar to debit or credit cards and has a unique number that is issued by the IT Department of India.
Your PAN card might have a spelling error, or maybe it doesn’t align with the details of your Aadhaar Card or your surname is going to be changed after marriage. In such cases, changing the name on the PAN card is a long process. However, with the latest technological advancement, you can get this job done quickly online.
Check the full procedure here:
- Visit the website of UTIITSL.
- Click on PAN Card Services
- Select Change/Correction in PAN card
- Select Apply for change/correction in PAN Card details
- The page will redirect to Application for Change/correction in PAN Data
- Two options will pop up – Physical (Forwarding documents physically) and Digital (Paperless documentation)
- Select the Digital option
- Tick the box mentioning Aadhaar based e-KYC option
- After you select this option, it automatically opts for Signs Using Aadhaar based e-Singh
- Enter your PAN and select the mode in which you want to receive your PAN card (e-PAN or Physical PAN or both). In the application form fill in all the necessary details and make the payment.
- Submit the application
After this, your Aadhaar authentication will take place on a real-time basis from the UIDAI server. For eKYC, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. After entering the OTP, your address from the UIDAI database will be automatically filled in the PAM form. You will have to verify the application and provide other details to submit.
You will receive another OTP for e-Sign and on entering the OTP your application is e-Signed with the Aadhaar based e-signature. The application will be processed based on the name you have on your Aadhaar card.
For more breaking news, click here.