Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar on Saturday announced in a press conference that schools and colleges will reopen in Pune from February 1. He further added that consent from parents will be needed to attend the school.
Check out the entire summary of the press conference:
- The mayor of the district was present in the COVID 19 meeting.
- Schools and colleges will reopen from February 1, College students must have completed their 2 doses of vaccine.
- Currently, the vaccination drive is slower in PCMC than in Pune.
- Ajit Pawar also cleared the rumours that a mask is still necessary and there is no discussion about not wearing a mask.
- The decision of sending students to the school will be up to parents. Students have to bring a consent form to attend their classes.
- For classes 1 to 8th the timings will be half of the regular timings and for classes 9 to 10th the classes will be full time.
- He further added that the intensity of the 3rd wave has decreased and in the upcoming week the situation will be reviewed.
Ajit Pawar addressed the other issues like the revocation of suspension of the 12 MLAs, he said that when the judiciary makes such a decision, it is not their job to question it. Regarding the wine sale in supermarkets, he said that there is a difference between wine and alcohol and the statements going around the decision is misleading.
Schools & colleges will reopen in Pune district from Feb 1. For classes 1 to 8, the school timings will be half of the regular timings, but for classes 9 to 10, the school will run as per the regular schedule. Colleges will also function as per regular time: Maharashtra Deputy CM pic.twitter.com/hzGbi8tfnwAdvertisement
— ANI (@ANI) January 29, 2022
For more breaking news, click here.