Fixed Deposits have always been a safe option for everyone in the country. You get good interest rates constantly for years. In the past few years, since the pandemic began, the FD rates dwindled to a lower number but yet it remains one of the safest options for investments.
Usually, the interest rates of FDs are hiked to save the dying economy. This brings down the inflation rates because, after deposits, there is less disposable money left in the hands of the depositors.
There are many variables in which you can fix your money. The tenure range from 7 days to 10 years and the money ranges from 2 crores to 5 crores and above 5 crores.
Highest FD rates offered by banks for less than 3 years
The following list of banks offers a good interest rate for all their fixed deposits for less than Rs 2 crore and a period ranging from 2 years to 3 years. The data mentioned is taken from the bank’s websites.
- Bandhan Bank – 6.25 per cent
- IndusInd Bank – 6 per cent
- RBL Bank – 6 per cent
- DCB Bank – 5.50 per cent
- Axis Bank – 5.40 per cent
- HDFC Bank – 5.20 per cent
- State Bank of India (SBI) – 5.10 per cent
Other FD rules
- Senior Citizens get a different FD interest rate which is higher than the general FD rates
- The interest earned is subject to TDS (Tax Deducted at Source)
- To apply for FDs, a PAN card is necessary. In the case of non-submission, higher TDS is deducted.
- A penalty is applied on premature withdrawal of FDs, the amount varies from bank to bank.
- Senior Citizen FD rates are not the same for NRI citizens.
For more breaking news, click here.