GOOD NEWS: Maharashtra Eases COVID 19 Restrictions in 14 Districts; Cinemas and Functions at 100% Capacity, check details
COVID 19 restrictions are now eased in 14 districts of Maharashtra as the state is seeing a downfall in cases. A government order listed a new set of guidelines for the 14 districts including Mumbai and Pune. These guidelines will be followed from March 4.
The 14 districts, which fall under Category ‘A’ are Mumbai city, Mumbai suburban, Pune, Bhandara, Sindhudurg, Nagpur, Raigad, Wardha, Ratnagiri, Satara, Sangli, Gondia, Chandrapur and Kolhapur.
These districts were selected as the first dose of vaccination here is more than 90% complete and the second dose is complete by more than 70%. These districts also have a positivity rate of less than 10$ and bed occupancy less than 40%.
Here’s what is permitted in full capacity in these districts:
- Restaurants, shopping complexes, cinema halls and theatres function at 100% capacity.
- Swimming pools, religious places, entertainment parks will also be allowed to function with 100% capacity.
- All offices, including government and private, can function with full capacity.
- All industrial and scientific institutions may function with full capacity. The staff must be fully vaccinated as well.
- There shall be no restrictions for inter-state and intra-state movement for fully vaccinated persons. For persons who are not fully vaccinated, inter-state movement is subject to the production of a negative RT-PCR test valid for 72 hours.
- Offline classes can resume for all educational institutions and All pre-schools as well as Aanganwadis can now be restarted physically as well, in adherence with Covid Appropriate Behaviour (CAB).
- Gatherings for all Social/ Sports/ Entertainment/ Academic/ Cultural/ Religious/Political/ Festival Related events is capped at 50 percent of venue capacity.
For more breaking news, click here.