Employees Provident Fund (EPF) members must register an e-nomination using the UAN assigned to them by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) in order to provide social security for their family members or nominees.
E-NOMINATION FOR THE EPF
For online payment of PF and pension, an e-Nomination must be submitted (EPS).
It also provides up to Rs 7 lakh in insurance for qualifying family members through the Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI).
The nomination can be updated as needed. It will be required after marriage.
It is sufficient to self-declare. Employers are not obligated to provide any paperwork or authorisation.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN EPF NOMINATION ONLINE
You must go to the EPFO website, which is located at https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site en/index.php.
- Navigate to the ‘Services’ section and choose ‘For Employees.’ You will be sent to another page.
- Then you must select ‘Member UAN/Online Service’.
- You must log in with your ‘UAN and Password.’
- Select ‘e-Nomination’ from the ‘Manage Tab.’
- The “Provide Details” tab will appear on the screen, and you must click “Save.”
- To change the family declaration, choose ‘yes.’
- By choosing ‘Add family details,’ you can add more than one nominee.
- To declare the complete amount of share, click on ‘Nomination Details.’ You must click the ‘Save EPF Nomination’ button.
- To create OTP, you must first click ‘E-sign.’ Submit a ‘OTP’ sent to an Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- EPFO has now received the e-nomination. There are no more physical papers necessary after e-nomination.
- Online claims are also possible.
EPFO never asks its members to give personal information such as Aadhaar, PAN, UAN, Bank Account, or OTP over the phone or on social media.