Maharashtra Budget 2022: Huge Reduction of VAT on CNG, New Pune Metro Rail Line and much more, Check Highlights
Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar presented the Maharashtra State budget for the year 2022-23 in the Legislative Assembly on Friday. In this 3rd budget of the MVA (Maha Vikas Aghadi) government, Pawar presented a revenue deficit budget while announcing an amnesty scheme for the GST payees.
While presenting the budget, he said the budget for this year is set for over Rs 1,50,000 crore. Check out the key highlights of the budget here:
- Farmers who paid loans on time (20 lakh farmers) will get Rs 50,000 incentive.
- Maha Govt. plans to spend Rs 11,000 crore on health services in the next 3 years.
- First-class trauma care units are planned for Satara and other centres in the state that will have a capacity of 50 beds.
- Women’s hospitals will be set up in Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Kolhapur with a bed capacity of 100 beds.
- Indrayani medicity metro line is proposed on a 300-acre area outside Pune
- Rs 100 crore will be spent for a music school dedicated to Lata Mangeshkar at the Kalina campus of Mumbai university.
- Bhoomipujan of Marathi Bhasha Bhavan in Mumbai will happen on April 2 (Gudi Padwa day).
- Maharashtra Bhavan will be set up in Navi Mumbai.
- Medical check-ups will be done for all govt employees who are 40 years and above. The state will be spending Rs 250 crore on this exercise.
- The state reduces VAT on CNG from 13.5% to 3%
For more breaking news, click here.