April month has a list of holidays that will be followed by various public and private banks across the country. However, some holidays are specific to states while some are nationwide holidays.
According to the RBI calendar, banks will stay closed for 15 days in total in April 2022. Not all banks will be closed for 15 days as some holidays depend on the region. Here is the list of holidays:
- April 1: Yearly Closing of Bank Account
- April 2: Gudi Padwa/Ugadi Festival/1st Navratra/Telugu New Year’s Day/Sajibu Nongmapanba (Cheiraoba)
- April 4: Sarhul
- April 5: Babu Jagjivan Ram’s Birthday
- April 14: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti/Mahavir Jayanti/Baisakhi/Vaisakhi/Tamil New Year’s Day/Cheiraoba/Biju Festival/Bohag Bihu
- April 15: Good Friday/Bengali New Year’s Day (Nababarsha)/Himachal Day/Vishu/Bohag Bihu
- April 16: Bohag Bihu
- April 21: Garia Puja
- April 29: Shab-I-Qadr/Jumat-ul-Vida
The 2nd Saturdays and Sundays in April 2022 are:
- Sunday: April 3
- Second Saturday: April 9
- Sunday: April 10
- Sunday: April 17
- Fourth Saturday: April 23
- Sunday: April 24
If you are planning to visit the bank then make sure that you check the holiday list of the banks. Most of the holidays are state-related; hence you can contact your bank to check which holidays they follow.
For more breaking news, click here.