Often when you work for 6 to 8 hours at a desk, your neck, shoulders and back stiffen up which can lead to terrible consequences. Hence it is important for you to regularly exercise and keep your body fit and active. Also, when you involve in household chores, you don’t realize how much load you are putting on your body.
Today we will list a few exercises that are recommended by Rujuta Diwekar who is a nutritionist and fitness expert.
View this post on InstagramAdvertisement
- Take a chair and place it against a wall or any firm place.
- Sit straight on the chair and slowly relax your shoulders.
- Entwine your fingers and ensure your shoulders are relaxed and face downwards.
- Slowly take your arms above and your head and then turn your hands to face the ceiling.
- Try to be in that position for as long as you can. 3 to 5 counts are enough.
- Make sure your arms are stretched to a great extent while your shoulders are facing down.
- Face a chair against the wall and open both your palms.
- Touch the seat of the chair with your palms, stretch and push your waist towards the outer side.
- Make sure you are stretching it in a way that your neck is relaxing. Stay in that position for at least 5 counts and then slowly release.
- Bend down and face a chair placed against the wall or a secure place.
- Place your elbows and forearms on the chair and release your back and stretch your spine.
- Entwine your palms, stretch and hold.
These exercises will help you loosen your body and also give your muscles some oxygen.
For more breaking news, click here.
Image Credits: Real Simple