Remember the time when we used to be kids and slept for hours? Well, adulating doesn’t let you even imagine so many hours of sleep. As you grow old with time, so does your sleep and how does it grow old? By diminishing hour by hour. Your 8-hour tight sleep comes down to even 4 hours of sleep.
Many factors contribute to it like work stress, emotional baggage, fatigue and so much more. Today we will list a few food items that will help you extend your sleep hours and you will be fresh throughout the day.
- Almonds: They are an excellent source of many nutrients and they help boost sleep quality. It is because almonds contain melatonin hormone that is responsible for maintaining your body clock and signals your body to prepare for sleep.
- Kiwi: Kiwis are known for improving sleep qualities according to various studies. They are also one of the best foods to eat before bed.
- Fatty Fish: Fishes like salmon, tuna, trout and mackerel are healthy and enhance sleep quality. They are rich in vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids that boost serotonin.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are also a great source of healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids. Along with improving your sleep quality, it also improves your heart health and reduces high cholesterol levels.
- Milk: Various researches have proven that drinking milk before sleep along with some light exercise improves your sleep.
So, these are some of the food items you must consume if you are having trouble sleeping. They will boost your sleep hormones and you will be able to sleep better.
For more breaking news, click here.