UPI has become one of the most convenient payment methods in India. Nowadays people don’t carry cash but their smartphones to pay. There are over 304 banks on UPI that records over 452 crores of transactions as of February 2022.
UPI is a secure form of online payment. It is also convenient for fund transfers where you have to only mention your UPI ID or Phone Number to get transactions done. There is no need of mentioning the IFSC code or Bank Account number. UPI pin is a 4 to 6 digit number, it acts as an ATM pin for digital transactions.
Today we will take a look at what can you do if you forget your UPI PIN:
- Visit your UPI app – BHIM UPI, Google Pay, PhonePe etc.
- Go to the ‘Bank Account’ section on the app.
- Select the bank account for which you want to set a UPI PIN. You will see a SET option in case you have never set a UPI PIN for the bank account.
- Enter the last 6 digits and the expiry date of your Debit/Credit card.
- You will then receive an OTP from your bank on your registered mobile number.
- You have to enter the OTP, it will ask you what UPI PIN you want to set, enter the desired PIN and click ‘submit’.
- Your UPI Pin is set. You can now send money, and make payments through UPI.
For more breaking news, click here.