When you get into fitness, you might have heard about metabolism. But what it is exactly? Well, it is a natural process that converts food into energy and plays a crucial role in reaching your weight loss goal.
According to various researches, the definition of metabolic rate is at which your body expands energy or burns calories. It is genetic usually so you can’t do anything about it. That’s the reason some people eat so much and never gain weight. Lucky them! Today we will list a few food items that slow down your metabolism.
- Bread/Pasta/Pizza: According to a report by Eat This, Not That, consuming a large amount of gluten, and starch may hurt your metabolism. These carbs spike your blood sugar levels and you gain fat.
- Alcohol: This is usually for those who are heavy regular drinkers. Drinking too much alcohol slows down your metabolic rate.
- Frozen Food: Frozen foods are loaded with sugar, Trans fat and sodium that adds bad fat to your body and slows down your metabolism.
- Soda: Soda is loaded with sugar and fructose that can lead to metabolic disorders.
- Fried Food: Deep fried French fries and burgers are irresistible but you must avoid them as much as you can. According to research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, eating fried food can increase the risk of abdominal obesity, and weight gain in adults.
So, these are some of the food items that you must avoid to stay fit and eventually it will boost your metabolism.
For more breaking news, click here.