WhatsApp is introducing new incentives for users in India to use their payments option more. They added online payments to the app in 2020 and got about 40 million users in 2021. With these cashback rewards, WhatsApp aims to get more users to register with their payments service.
Previously, Reuters reported that WhatsApp is planning to give cashback up to Rs 33. The rewards will be given based on the size of the transaction. The messaging platform is also testing cashback rewards on highway tolls and utility bills.
How to get cashback on WhatsApp
- Send money to a contact that is registered to WhatsApp payments.
- You will see a gift icon next to the contact name you want to send money to (if they are registered with WhatsApp payments).
- You will receive at least Rs 11 cashback after sending money to them.
How to get cashback on WhatsApp for Android and iOS?
- Open WhatsApp and tap on more options > payments > send new payment.
- Select the contact you want to send money to.
- Enter the amount and tap on next > send payment > enter UPI pin.
After the transaction is done, you will get cashback on WhatsApp. There is no minimum limit to how much users will have to send to get cashback rewards on WhatsApp. Even if you send Rs 1, you will get cashback. The rewards will keep coming for 3 transactions.
For more breaking news, click here.