Summers are the best time when you might catch a cold. Hence, you need to be careful with what you eat. Sometimes having ice cream at night will lead to a running nose in the morning. The common cold is very unpredictable, and in case you have it, you must check out our list of what to eat and what to avoid:
- Soup: Various studies show that hot liquids clear nasal passages and congestion better than other hot liquids. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect that may help you with the cold symptoms.
- Ginger and Honey: You can consume them separately or bring them together in your KADA. A cup of hot ginger tea with a bit of honey in it soothes your throat and clears your congestion. Some research reports show that this spicy root helps your body block the virus.
- Avocados: Avocados are rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals. They are a great food to eat when you are suffering from a common cold as it provides calories, vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
- Chilli: Yes, spices like chilli, and capsaicin causes a hot, burning sensation. Many reports suggest that eating spicy food clears your sinus passage as it breaks up the mucus. However, if you can’t bear spices a lot, you must avoid them.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is the ideal drink when you are sick. It is rich in electrolytes which is crucial for your weak body. It also contains natural sugar which is a quick source of energy for your body.
When you are suffering from the common cold, You need lots of liquids when but don’t lean onto coffee or alcohol as it can dry you out. However, if you crave coffee in the morning, you can take some caffeinated tea instead. So, these are some of the food items that you must consume and avoid when you have a common cold.
For more breaking news, click here.