The EPFO added over 14 lakh members in February this year which was 4% more than last year when EPFO registered 12.37 lakh members in February 2021. Now, the interest credit to EPFO accounts is expected to be credited early this year, according to media reports.
All the employees in the country have a PF account which is a crucial source of income for their retirement. A certain percentage of the employee’s salary is cut for PF which is credited to their PF account.
The EPFO recently announced that it will provide an interest rate of 8.5% to all its account holders. This time, they will credit the interest sooner. Here is how you can check your PF balance:
- Visit epfindia.gov.in and select the ‘For Employees’ option and select ‘our services’ from the dropdown menu.
- Under the ‘Services’ section, select ‘Member Passbook’ where you have to enter your UAN number and password.
- You must have an active UAN and it will not be available if your employer has not activated it.
- To activate your UAN, go to in/epfo/ and choose your state before going to your office link.
- Click ‘Submit’ after entering your PF Account number, name and registered cell phone number. You will be able to see your PF account balance.
For more breaking news, click here.