It is that time of the year when our refrigerator is filled with mangos, watermelons and muskmelons as these fruits are the only hydrating force in this intense summer. Muskmelons and Watermelons become everyone’s go-to fruit apart from mangos in summer as it is their season and also because it is very hydrating. Muskmelon cools down your systems and keeps you hydrated, it also has many other benefits. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Healthy Heart: Muskmelons are rich in potassium which helps in controlling blood pressure which in turn keeps the heart-healthy.
- Good for eyes: Muskmelons are rich in vitamin A and it helps to sharpen eyesight and also reduce the risk of developing cataracts.
- Kidney stones: Muskmelon contains oxykine, it helps to cure kidney disorders and prevent kidney stones. It also cleanses the kidneys due to its high water content.
- Eases menstrual cramps: Muskmelon’s anti-coagulant property dissolves blood clots and eases muscle cramps.
- Helps in weight loss: Just like other fruits, Muskmelon is low in fat and calories that keep your stomach fuller for a longer time and you can lose weight easily.
- Eases Stress: As mentioned before, it contains potassium which is crucial to relieve stress. It helps you to feel more focused and relaxed.
- Healthy Hair: Muskmelon contains vitamin A which stimulates the production of sebum that helps in keeping your hair healthy.
So, these are some of the reasons why you must pick muskmelon when you visit the bazaar next time. It will keep you re-energized and healthy.
For more breaking news, click here.