Train Travelers, here is some important news for you. The IRCTC has revised the online ticket booking process. Now it will be mandatory for you to verify your phone numbers and email IDs.
Here is a step by step guide on how to verify details via IRCTC by the new method:
- Visit the IRCTC website or app.
- Go to the verification window.
- Enter your registered mobile number and email ID.
- You will see an option for verification on the right and an edit button on the left.
- After checking the details, go ahead with the verification.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP.
- For email verification, the same process has to be followed.
How to book tickets after verification?
- Enter your travel details like source station, destination, date of journey and other details.
- Select the train
- Click on ‘Book Now’
- Enter details for passenger/s.
- Click on the ‘Make Payment’ option
- Choose your preferred mode of payment and complete the transaction
Booking tickets on IRCTC can sometimes be a hassle because the website doesn’t load properly if there is too much traffic at a time. Hence, be careful when you are paying online for these tickets. Choose a time like the afternoon when the website traffic is less.
For more breaking news, click here.