With the growing demand for AC locals, Western Railways has decided to introduce several local trains on the mainline (CSMT-Kalyan/Titwala and Ambernath). With the introduction of 12 new trains, the total number of AC trains will be 32 from 20 earlier.
This decision came after the price of AC local trains was slashed by 50% on single journeys from May 5. According to the Western Railway, after the fare reduction, there has been a substantial rise in the number of commuters travelling on these trains. Currently, a single journey is up to 10km in the AC coaches costs only Rs 35.
Talking to Mid-Day, Western Railway chief public relations officer Sumit Thakur said, “Looking at the popularity and growing demand by the commuters, Western Railway has decided to increase the number of AC local services over Mumbai Suburban section with effect from 16th May 2022. With the introduction of 12 new AC services, the total number of AC services will now increase from 20 to 32 on Western Railway.”
“The fares for AC local journey tickets have been substantially reduced with effect from 5th May 2022. With this reduction, there has been a rise in the number of commuters travelling by AC locals. The minimum single journey ticket up to 10 km costs Rs 35/- only. Of the additional 12 services being introduced, six services each are in UP & DOWN direction,” he added.
List of new trains:
- Titwala local leaving CSMT at 6.30 am
- Dombivali local leaving CSMT at 10.22 am
- Ambarnath local leaving CSMT at 1.15 pm, 5.00 pm
- Ambarnath local leaving Dadar at 7.39 pm
- Thane local leaving CSMT at 10.20 pm
- CSMT local leaving Thane at 5.24 am
- CSMT local leaving Titwala at 8.33 am
- CSMT local leaving Dombivali at 11.48 am
- CSMT local leaving Ambarnath at 3.12 pm, 8.50 pm
- Dadar local leaving Ambarnath at 6.30 pm
Along with Western Railway, the Central Railway has also decided to run extra AC local trains on Sundays and nominated holidays:
- Slow local for CSMT leaving Kurla at 4.46 am, 9.56 pm
- Slow local for CSMT leaving Kalyan at 7.56 pm
- Slow local for CSMT leaving Dombivali at 4.55 pm
- Slow local for Dombivali leaving CSMT at 3.24 pm
- Fast local for Dadar leaving Kalyan at 11.22 am
- Fast local for CSMT leaving Kalyan at 6.32 am, 8.54 am
- Fast local for CSMT leaving Badlapur at 1.48 pm
- Fast local for Kalyan leaving CSMT at 5.20 am, 7.43 am, 10.04 am, 6.36 pm,
- Fast local for Badlapur leaving Dadar at 12.30 pm
For more breaking news, click here.