Many of us take the health of our hair for granted and don’t pay a lot of attention to it. However, we must look after it so that it is not damaged in long term. You might be following some habits that are damaging your hair permanently. Let us take a look at what are those.
- Mineral/Vitamin Deficiency: Many dermatologists suggest that mineral and vitamin deficiency can lead to split ends or dry scalps. When you are not eating your meals on time, your hair doesn’t get the nutrition and starts to wear out. Supplements like iron, calcium, amino acids, magnesium, and Vitamin A supports hair growth.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol: Excessive smoking and alcohol lead to accelerated hair loss, according to experts. Smoking restricts natural oxygen to reach throughout the body, including hair follicles. The slow flow of blood makes hair regrowth harder.
- Maintain your hair-wash habits: Even if you wash your hair daily, it is fine, however, many experts suggest that you must not tie your hair immediately after hair wash. Tying wet hair makes the scalp dry and itchy and leads to immense hair fall problems.
- Hairstyling: Keep your hair-styling methods like blow-drying limited to only events and important functions. Sometimes excessive blow-drying, hair straightening and rebonding treatments can lead to hair loss and frizz.
- Stress: Stress is another important reason for hair fall. Apart from a million other side effects, stress also leads to losing your hair. The stress hormone (Cortisol) can make your hair growth go worse. You can manage your stress by walking, yoga, meditation etc.
Looking after your hair is not a big task, your lifestyle choices play a key role in how your hair is now even if you have good genes.
For more breaking news, click here.
Image credits: SkinKraft