Broccoli is high in many nutrients like fibre, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron and potassium. It also contains more protein than other vegetables. You can consume broccoli raw, cooked or boiled. However, recent research suggests that having it boiled gives the most health benefits.
Today we will list some health benefits of broccoli that you might have missed:
- Rich in Protein: Proteins are the building blocks of your body. It is crucial for your growth and maintenance. Broccoli is high in protein which makes up over 29% of its dry weight.
- Rich in vitamins & minerals: Broccoli is rich in vitamin C and K. Vitamin C is important for your immune system and skin health while vitamin K is important for blood clotting. It also contains a high quantity of potassium and manganese.
- Lowers Cholesterol Levels: Broccoli contains bile acids in your gut that reduce the total levels of cholesterol in your body. It further ensures a reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Improves eye health: The carotenoids present in broccoli improve your ageing eye-sight. It also balances your vitamin A levels. Vitamin A deficiency can cause night blindness.
- Cancer prevention: Broccoli is loaded with compounds that protect your body against cancer. Some observational studies suggest that broccoli can reduce the risk of many cancers like lung, breast, prostate, pancreatic and gastric cancers.
These are some of the health benefits of broccoli that you must know about.
For more breaking news, click here.